What Is Mobile Marketing and How to Use It for Your Small Business
Mobile marketing helps businesses grow their client base. It differs from other marketing channels because you can send your clients personalized promo messages directly to their inbox, which they are more likely to check out than traditional generic ads.
Statistics say that there are over 80% of internet users who use a smartphone. It is believed that global mobile data traffic will increase by 700% by the end of 2021. Smartphone users are spending more and more time on their devices, and are more comfortable doing research about particular products on mobiles before making online purchases.
That said, it comes as no surprise that mobile devices have already replaced desktop computers when it comes to browsing the internet. As you can see, this is a huge customer base you are missing out. So if you haven’t created any mobile marketing strategy yet, now is the perfect time to do so.
You should understand that mobile marketing campaigns are not expensive and can bring you a high return on investment. If you execute them properly, you will attract new clients, increase conversion rates, and, as a result, increase revenue.
Mobile marketing can range from sending out simple SMS and emails to complex campaigns that include several components. Read on to learn simple tips and tricks that you can do today on your own to set up a basic mobile strategy.
- Optimise the mobile version of your website. Understand that 63% of all web traffic in the US comes from mobile devices, so make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. This means that all elements of your pages should work perfectly on all types of mobile devices.
- Employ SMS. Use SMS to send promotional messages with discount codes. Focus on offers that require action, like limited-time sales and coupons, and people will be eager to click through to your site.
- Social media. Use social media like Facebook and Instagram to get your business noted. This is especially useful if your brand belongs to the lifestyle, food, or fashion industry.
- Mobile ads. You can use mobile ads, but you have to be careful here. Things like old-fashioned banners or videos that play automatically will annoy customers. Your ad should be simple, to the point, and lead straight to the purchase page.
- Create an app for your brand. You can use your app to sell products and services or to inform clients about special discounts, coupons, etc. Promote your app through QR codes, push notifications, and in-app ads.
These are just some of the tips, ideas, and statistics to show you the power of mobile marketing. Since today’s users rely on their smartphones to discover new products and share them with friends and family on social media, you need to take advantage of this and leverage your business.
Marketing strategies and consumer behaviour constantly change, but you can rest assured that the use of mobile devices will only continue to rise. Businesses that ignore this fact will be missing out on great opportunities.